Moose Jaw Co-op Association Ltd. is hiring an Asset Protection Manager at our Moose Jaw location in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.moosejawcoop.com.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Controller, the Asset Protection Manager will demonstrate behaviors and actions that align with and strengthen the Moose Jaw Co-op’s values, mission, and vision.
The Asset Protection Manager will be responsible for safeguarding the Co-operative's assets and prevent losses due to thefts, errors, and policy violations. The successful candidate will work closely with retail employees and department managers to administer and facilitate the Moose Jaw Co-op’s Loss Prevention and Health and Safety programs. You will come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and enforce loss prevention and health and safety policies
• Control inventory shortages
• Provide support and education to all department managers and staff pertaining to loss prevention and health and safety procedures
• Ensure environmental and health and safety regulatory compliance
• Conduct investigations and report, analyze and resolve deficiencies
• Be familiar and adhere to the Moose Jaw Co-op policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
Candidates must demonstrate effective team leadership skills and the ability to work well within a multi-generational team. Applicants must be self-reliant, goal oriented, with the ability to set and adjust priorities and schedule.
Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience or education in the Loss Prevention or Health and Safety fields. Other qualifications would include:
• Loss Prevention Certified, courses in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Security
• Familiarity with security systems technology and point of sale systems
• Certification in Occupational Health and Safety is an asset
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification/WHMIS or willingness to obtain
• Flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary
• Strong communication, interview, negotiation and report writing skills
• Ability to embrace a culture focused on safety, engagement, innovation, and teamwork
• Alignment with Moose Jaw Co-op’s values of Excellence, Trustworthy, Community and People First
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
• Valid Canadian driver's license with a clean driving record
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Please apply by email to email@example.com. Electronic applications must be sent in either PDF or Microsoft Word format (.doc). Please include the position title, “Asset Protection Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is October 31st, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected
to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.