We are seeking a full-time Lumber Operations Representative at our Home Centre located in Avonlea, SK.
Located approximately 45 minutes from both Moose Jaw and Regina, in the heart of a rich agricultural trading area, Avonlea is a beautiful and charming rural community that offers a variety of services, exciting recreation facilities, and a vibrant business sector. Visit the Village of Avonlea website to learn more about this thriving community www.villageofavonlea.com.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.moosejawcoop.com.
What you will do:
The Lumber Operations Representative demonstrates day-to-day behaviors and actions that align with and strengthen the Co-op’s values, mission, and vision. The position will be responsible for carrying out day-to-day activities to support operations of the lumberyard/warehouse including inventory management, receiving, unloading, loading and delivery of a variety of products including but not limited to lumber, building materials, and agro products. Regular and ongoing, direct contact with customers and the delivery of high-quality service is vital to this role. Other duties will include grounds and housekeeping duties as well as maintaining records of all service activities and business reporting documentation such as machine checklists, inventory checklists, and receiving records.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Carrying out the day-to-day activities of lumberyard/warehouse operations
• Assisting in inventory management including receiving, performing inventory counts daily/weekly, recording all inventory ins and outs, loading and unloading merchandise, maintaining vendor database, and preparing and completing deliveries.
• Responsible for providing information, assistance, and exceptional customer service to all customers within the warehouse/lumberyard area and other areas of the Home Centre when required. This includes making recommendations to customers regarding building materials suitable for their needs and assisting the Lumber Manager with project estimates.
• Maintain strong positive relationships with all members, customers, and suppliers.
• Responsible for actively contributing to the overall safety of people and the environment. Ensure all tools and equipment required to complete assigned duties are well maintained and safe to use.
• Performs general housekeeping duties to ensure all areas of responsibility are safe, stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Will perform grounds maintenance including mowing, yard care, weed removal, landscaping and snow removal as required.
• Minimum of Class 5 is required and additional relevant classes and endorsements are considered valued assets.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
The successful candidate must have the ability to work well both independently, with minimal supervision, and within a multi-generational, highly motivated team. You excel at managing multiple responsibilities and tasks and you are highly organized. You’re honest and trustworthy, results-oriented, and strive to be the best in what you do. You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
This position requires a mechanically inclined individual that will be able to operate various equipment, as well as sustain the general operations of lumberyard/warehouse.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Please apply by email to email@example.com. Electronic applications must be sent in either PDF or Microsoft Word format (.doc). Please include the position title, “Lumber Operations Representative” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is February 29, 2024, however, we are actively recruiting for this role and encourage you to apply as soon as possible if interested.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected
to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.